Spank Industries stem/handlebar picker
We created this tool to help you choose the right Spank stem and handlebar for your body, riding style and bike.
1. In the calculator below, enter your height, riding style, sex, frame head angle, frame reach and frame stack. You can find your frame specs on the bike maker’s website. The calculator will output your suggested handlebar width, cockpit reach and cockpit stack. Note these numbers.
Cockpit reach and stack are the total reach and stack of your stem, handlebars and headset spacer/upper cup.
2. In the table below, look up your suggested cockpit reach and stack (to the nearest 5mm). We’ve listed suggested Spank handlebars and stems. Note your recommended components and go to the Spank website.
This tool assumes average body proportions and a headset/spacer stack height of 10mm. It’s intended to give you a good baseline. Once you get your Spank components on your bike, feel free to tweak the headset spacers and handlebar width to dial in your fit.
- If you’re between the increments listed, and you want a tight, maneuverable cockpit, err on the short/low side. If you want a more spacious cockpit, err on the long/high side.
- If your suggested numbers fall outside the range of the table, choose the next closest setup.
- Spank handlebars can be cut to your desired length (down to a minimum width that’s clearly marked on the bar).
To learn more about this bike setup philosophy and get an even more detailed fit, check out the RideLogic™ bike setup system.
This chart is best viewed on a large screen: