- These are the bars Lee personally rides. They have the same profiles as the 30X bars, but with more compliance and vibration absorbtion. This makes a world of difference to transmit less vibration and shocks to the shoulders.
- Lee believes in, rides on and recommends SQLab handlebars for two reasons:
1) They have more backsweep than traditional mountain bike handlebars. This makes it easier for your wrists, elbows and shoulders to line up correctly, and it can help you ride much better (and with less pain). SQLab bars are available with 12° and 16° backsweep.
2) They have more setback than traditional mountain bike handlebars. Setback is the horizontal distance of your grips behind your stem clamp. This is a critical part of RideLogic™/LLB bike setup — and it can help long bikes fit you better.
These precise stats come directly from SQlab:
|SQlab handlebar model||Backsweep°||Material||Rise model||Rise mm at 75mm from end||Rise mm at end||Setback mm at 75mm from end||Setback mm at end|
From SQLab’s site:
Damping: The 311 FL-X has been developed with regard to flex behavior. In an elaborate study, we were able to prove that almost all high-quality handlebars have damping characteristics between 0% and 15%, depending on the intensity. The 311 FL-X is between 20% and 30%. The higher flex has no disadvantages in steering precision. The steering forces are clearly below the vertical forces.
The 12° or 16° backsweep with its short reach provides a natural transition from the lower arm to the hand when in a more upright riding position thus protecting the wrist from the extreme strain of downhill riding.
The 4° upsweep brings the elbows into a perfect position for a dynamic riding style.
The 15mm or 30mm rise allow individualized positions.
31.8 clamp diameter.
The perfect combination of form, wall thickness and diameter with the corresponding anatomically optimized bend for various riding dynamics, currently make the SQlabs handlebar series the most stable as well as the lightest bar in its field.
Their bars bear the hallmark of SQlab product developer Tibor Samai.
- Area of use: MTB XC and Race
- Weight: 198, 203 grams
- Clamp dimeter: 31.8 mm
- Width: 740 mm, can be cut to 720 mm
- Rise: 15 mm, or 30 mm(keep in mind, you can turn handlebars upside down)
- Backsweep: 12° or 16°
- Upsweep: 4°
- Material: Carbon Fiber
SQLab 30X Carbon 16° bars on my medium Specialized Enduro Öhlins Coil. This frame is 20mm is longer than my previous medium, and these bars make it fit perfectly. I like the 16° backsweep so much I find it hard to ride regular bars.